ACTION, Inc. is looking for the best candidate to fill the HEAD OF OPERATIONS FOR REGION III position.
Submit your letter of intent and curriculum vitae to email@example.com until April 17, 2023.
The title/subject of your email must be the position you are applying for. We regret that only qualified candidates will be notified.
***For more information about our organization, please call (047) 602-1710 / 0961-552-5853.
Date of Employment:
As soon as possible
Job Description for Head of Operations for Region III
The Head of Operation’s (HOO) primary responsibility is to ensure the successful implementation of all projects in Region III through effective project and team management.
S/he will work closely with the Project Coordinators to track the management of projects in relation to the plans. S/he will provide technical assistance to the Project Coordinators whenever necessary. S/he is expected to provide status reports to the Management Committee to enable the leadership to make sound decisions regarding projects.
In the absence of the Executive Director, the Head of Operations may be deputized by the ED to act on his/her behalf.
S/he shall report directly to the Executive Director and may be called by the BOT to provide feedback and reports about the projects. Specifically, the Head of Operations is expected to perform the following:
The HOO shall supervise the implementation of all projects under the Chikara Program such as the Dance no Chikara, Karate no Chikara, Iyashi no Chikara, Chikara Life Skills Plus, Educational Assistance, Coalition Against Trafficking of Children, and all other future projects that will be implemented in Region III.
Specifically, the HOO is expected to:
- Establish project management discipline using proven project management tools and methodologies;
- Ensure the quality and timely accomplishments of all the project aims, objectives, outputs, and goals;
- Coordinate the activities of the project to efficiently produce effective and economical information management solutions;
- Monitor and track all projects against the plans considering the process, milestones, timeframe, and resources through the conduct of regular visits to project sites, and consultation meetings, among other means to verify, project status, and prepare regular status reports for management review and action;
- Support the Project Coordinators in the development, design, and enhancement of projects in line with the VMG of the organization;
- Support the management and project leaders in inter-project coordination and coordinate work plans for integration and shared deliverables; and
- Provide support where necessary to ensure consistent delivery of quality service
- Directly supervise the Project Coordinator/s and ensure that Project Officers and all employees perform their functions according to Philippine laws and this Manual;
- Ensure that Project Coordinators and other supervisees understand their job description to duly accomplish their plans and performance plans on time by providing support during performance planning discussions, coaching sessions, and monthly check-ins
- Conduct capacity-building activities (orientation, training activities, and learning sessions) and provide technical support to project teams; and
- Co-facilitate the interview and selection of staff as stated in the Personnel Recruitment section of this manual.
- The Head of Operations shall be the ED’s alternate representative in public activities and engagements;
- Establish and maintain strategic alliances and collaboration, linkages, networks, and partnerships with local and national organizations in line with the realization of children’s rights; and
- Engage in a positive working atmosphere with partners, children, and other stakeholders and ensure adequate information flow.
- Support the management in processing reviews and follow up on different projects working with project leaders as needed;
- Assist the management in the documentation and development of detailed project plans for specific projects as needed;
- Maintain project plans of all projects including log versions, approval, and status;
- Consolidate mid-year and annual reports, orientation papers, position papers, and other papers for program-related publications and in coordination with concerned persons and/or units within the organization;
- Submit timely and quality reports to ED;
- Participate in regular staff, network meetings, orientations, workshops, training as necessary;
- In the exigency of duty, the Head of Operations may be assigned by the Executive Director to serve as custodian or approving authority for the Petty Cash of his/her office of assignment, whichever applies; and
- Performs other duties as required by the ED.
- Bachelor’s Degree in either social work, non-profit management, or other relevant field is a must; an advanced degree in similar field would be a distinct advantage;
- At least 5 years of work experience in program management and development; has excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills among employees, stakeholders, and partners;
- Able to work well in a multidisciplinary work environment and can work under pressure;
- Able to understand finance-related matters,
- Able to multi-task, set priorities, can effectively manage time, and meet deadlines;
- Has a very good command of the English language both in oral and written forms;
- Able to demonstrate basic Information Technology (IT) skills such as but not limited to managing social media pages and websites, and can use online applications for project management; and
- Willing to work and travel in areas covered by the project.