ACTION, Inc. is looking for a new Project Officer
Position: Project Officer for Chikara Project
Work Assignment: Olongapo City
Date of Employment: January 20, 2022
Submit your letter of intent and curriculum vitae to email@example.com and/or firstname.lastname@example.org until January 20, 2022. The title/subject of your email must be the position you are applying for. We regret that only qualified candidates will be notified.
**For more information about our organization, please call (047) 602-1710 or visit www.action.org.ph
- Preferably with a Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or other relevant course;
- At least 1 year of relevant work experience;
- Proficient in MS Office Applications;
- Demonstrated capacity to work effectively individually, and with teams;
- Has excellent people skills at all levels, cultural sensitivity;
- Has the ability to work well under pressure;
- Has the ability to work well in a multidisciplinary work environment;
- Has excellent oral and written communication skills in Filipino and English;
- Has knowledge in preparing effective presentations and reports;
- Has willingness to work and travel in areas covered by the project; and
- Can work with less supervision.
It is required for the Project Officer to have the following competencies:
- Understand ACTION, Inc. and the context which ACTION, Inc. works.
- Promote an environment where people are confident to take initiative, be innovative and learn new ways of working.
- Adopt a suitable communication style when communicating with the whole range of colleagues, partners, children and other stakeholders.
- Manage resources (time, budget, and work) to deliver results to agreed standards.
- Adopt a team style which adds value to work and reinforces good working practices.
- Understand and practice processes of project management cycle.
- Understand and practice processes of training management.
The Project Officer shall be responsible in the day-to-day implementation of project activities to the best of his/her abilities and to ensure that the project is in line with meeting its objective in a timely manner.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure that the day-to-day operations of the projects are according to approved plan and budget, and that the project activities are in line with the objectives;
- Conduct orientations, trainings, and meetings with beneficiaries, partners, and stakeholders;
- Manage project activities using proven project management tools and methodologies;
- Actively engage in the continuous development of the project;
- Develop monitoring and evaluation tools together with the Project Coordinator and/ or Head of Operations to aid in effective project management and facilitate periodic project monitoring and evaluation exercises;
- Ensure the quality and timely accomplishments of the project aims, objectives, outputs and goal;
- Coordinate with the Project Coordinator/Head of Operations every technical aspect needed for the project;
- Engage in a positive working with partners, children, and other stakeholders;
- Liaise with partner agencies and coordinate project activities to ensure that they are implemented in accordance with the project agreement;
- Maintain positive working relationship with key stakeholders and ensure adequate information flow;
- Monitor the project through conduct of regular meetings with project beneficiaries and stakeholders and provide suitable interventions if needed;
- Participate in regular staff, network meetings, orientations, workshops, trainings as necessary; and
- Performs other duties as required by the Project Coordinator/ Head of Operations, and ED from time to time.