We encourage competent social workers to apply for the following career opportunities at ACTION Inc.: (3) PROJECT OFFICERS.
ACTION Inc. is a non-stock and non-profit association based in Olongapo City, Zambales. Its goal is for children to realize their fullest potential in an environment where communities are responsive towards children’s rights and welfare. One of the interventions of ACTION is augmenting the resources of the partner organizations to sustain or improve their programs for children.
ACTION is seeking for highly qualified candidates for the Project: Ensuring Children’s Potential for Development and Independence through Improved Residential Care Practices, funded by the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) to be implemented from April 2016 to January 2019. The project aims to improve house parenting practices in residential facilities in Region 3 and NCR, to enhance the life skills of its children by providing the house parents necessary learning/ training activities. It is also the expansion of the recently concluded and successful Capacity Building Project for Child Caring Institution’s Personnel towards Children’s Well-being and Independence in Region 3 which was also managed by ACTION and DSWD Field Office 3.
We encourage competent social workers for the following job opportunity:
POSITION: PROJECT OFFICER
- Must be a registered social worker
- Knowledge and skills in training management, and project management, preferably
- Excellent organizational , interpersonal and relationship building skills among employees, stakeholders and partners;
- At least 1 year relevant work experience;
- Can work under pressure and is flexible;
- Computer literate; proficient in MS Office Applications;
- Good oral and written communication skills in Filipino and English;
- Capacity to work effectively alone, and with teams;
- Excellent people skills at all levels, cultural sensitivity, has the ability to work well under pressure;
- Can work with minimum supervision;
- Willingness to work and travel in areas covered by the project.
The project officers shall be responsible in the day to day implementation of project activities and ensure that the project is in line with meeting its objective in a timely manner. The Project Officer is responsible for the smooth management of the project to achieve its purpose and goal. He/she shall ensure full compliance with agency policies and procedures. He/she shall report directly to the Assistant Project Coordinator. His/her employment shall be co-terminus with the project.
- Shall be responsible in the effective implementation of project activities
- Ensure that every activity implemented is in line with project objective and goal
- Coordinate with the Assistant Project Coordinator/ Project Coordinator on every technical aspect needed for the project.
- Engage in a positive working relationship with partners, children and other stakeholders.
- Liaise with partner agencies and coordinate project activities
- Maintain positive working relationship with key stakeholders
- Ensure adequate information flow and effectively manage record
- Ensure the timely submission of quality accomplishments reports on project progress
- Conduct necessary activities with partners to facilitate the smooth implementation of the project
- Submit timely & quality report to Asst. Project Coordinator/ Project Coordinators.
- Participate in regular staff, network meetings, orientations, workshops, trainings as necessary.
- Maintain professional conduct at all times and refrain from any activity that may damage the reputation of the organization
- Engage himself/herself in other ACTION projects for the purpose of understanding the purpose and mission of ACTION
- Perform other duties as required by the Asst. Project Coordinator/ Project Coordinator/ Project Manager/ Program Manager from time to time.
Submit your letter of intent and curriculum vitae to email@example.com until 11 March 2016. The title/subject of your email must be the position you are applying for. We regret that only qualified candidates will be notified.
Photo credit: http://mim.umd.edu/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Job-Openings.jpg