Position: Project Officer for Chikara Mind and Body Program
Work Assignment: Olongapo City
Date of Employment: 3 September 2018
Submit your letter of intent and curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org until 22 August 2018. The title/subject of your email must be the position you are applying for. We regret that only qualified candidates will be notified.
A Child’s Trust is Ours To Nurture – ACTION Inc. is a non-stock and non-profit association based in Olongapo City, Zambales.
**For more information about our organization, please call (047) 602-1710 or visit www.action.org.ph
About the Program:
The Chikara Mind and Body Program with Psychosocial Intervention for Children
This program aims to equip children from residential care facilities and communities with skills that will help them achieve a healthy mind and body and to live independently through the implementation of the following projects: Dance No Chikara (Power of Dance), Karate No Chikara (Power of Karate), and Psychosocial Intervention activities. The latter teaches fundamental life skills to children to become successful and well-adjusted adults.
Responsible for the smooth management of the Chikara Mind and Body with Psychosocial Intervention for Children achieve its purpose and goal.
-Must be a graduate of Social Work, Psychology or any Social Science Course (under board can be considered depending on the skills and experience)
-Passionate in working with children;
-Preferably with knowledge and skills in training management and project management;
-Excellent organizational , interpersonal and relationship building skills among employees, stakeholders and partners;
– At least 1 year relevant work experience;
– Willing to work on week-ends;
– Computer literate; proficient in MS Office Applications;
– Good oral and written communication skills in Filipino and English;
– Capacity to work effectively alone, and with teams;
– Excellent people skills at all levels, cultural sensitivity, has the ability to work well under pressure;
– Can work with minimum supervision;
– Willingness to work and travel in areas covered by the project.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop an annual work and financial plan together with the Project Coordinator, in consultation with partners;
- Undertake necessary activities for the program/project as planned;
- Manage project activities using proven project management tools and methodologies;
- Actively engage in the continuous development of the project;
- Conduct other learning activities for the beneficiaries of Chikara Program (Mind and Body Thrust) and Psychosocial Intervention Program, as necessary;
- Develop monitoring and evaluation tools together with the Project Coordinator to aid in effective project management and facilitate periodic project monitoring and evaluation exercises;
- Ensure the quality and timely accomplishments of the project aims, objectives, outputs and goal;
- Facilitate coordination and networking with other NGOs and government agencies and facilitate stakeholder consultations and project reviews;
- Coordinate with the Project Coordinator every technical aspect needed for the project;
- Engage in a positive working relationship with beneficiaries, stakeholders and partners;
- Conduct necessary activities with partners to facilitate the smooth implementation of the project;
- Prepare accomplishment reports on a periodic basis that meets funding agency’s requirements and expectations;
- Participate in regular staff meetings, orientations, workshops, trainings as necessary; and
- Ensure timely submission of necessary finance/administrative reports.
1. Maintain professional conduct at all times and refrain from any activity that may damage ACTION’s reputation;
2. Engage herself in other ACTION projects (from time to time) for the realization of ACTION’s Vision, Mission and Goal;
3. Undertake necessary activities for the promotion of ACTION’s work and other advocacy activities to promote child’s rights and responsibilities; and
4. Perform other related tasks as may be assigned by the Project Coordinator/ Management Committee.
 The word Chikara is a Japanese term which means “power” in English.